Thursday, September 4, 2008

Well, I was almost eaten alive last night by the biggest spider I have EVER seen. Almost. Except I have mad ninja skills. And a sprayer on my kitchen sink.


Sorry my little succulents, I'm taking a lot longer to paint this table that I thought it was going to take me. You'll have to wait a few more days outside.

So, I don't know if I've adequately conveyed how much

I FREAKING LOVE FALL

It is my favorite season. It is perfect in all ways. The cool change in the air draws my soul into thanksgiving beyond containment, and the low sun in the sky bids me outdoors to bask in it's rays as its days are threatening to be shorter. The trees are all dressed to their best in the most beautiful fall colors and the rich harvest from summer is at its most delicious. Every minute I spend indoors makes me antsy to be out in the most perfect season.

I am a greedy person about my time spent in the autumn

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
-George Eliot

2 comments:

candacemorris said...

I love how on August 31 you said it was fall. I love the greed!

Yes, there IS something about how fall calms me down - I can be much less restless...and thank god for this. I HATE restlessness.

I had no idea you were painting a table...gooodie!

I can just imagine you weaponed with that spray hose in your sink!!!

BC said...

It's a good thing you have Ninja spider killing skillz, cuz you aren't kidding - they are BIG out there!