Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bon Voyage, Niki!

Last night/yesterday was one of those days that the cosmos aligned and 5 friends spontaneously had an amazing time - on a Wednesday! Well, it wasn't entirely spontaneous as we planned a good-bye lunch for dear Niki who left this morning for New York. What a sad day it was. So the rest of us drank! I love the random luncheon that turned into 9 hours of girl time, shots of tequila, buying bright orange pants, getting caught in a wind storm, Thai food, and good conversations.

Niki - we will miss you. But you are only far in distance. Nothing can separate your dearness to our hearts.

Well, I'm off after work to spend a day and few nights at the cabin with my beloved. A much needed retreat away for us both, I think. I'm kind of glad in a way that the weather is supposed to be gloomy. Nothing like cuddling up watching the rain on the ocean in a warm snuggly blanket. Me thinks some watercolors will be in tall order...wonder what the gloom will bring out.

3 comments:

candacemorris said...

Gosh, that was so fun last night.

We need to plan more spontaneous things. :) THat is totally backwards.

Hope your orange pants, watercolors, blankets, and books ease your elfish little soul this weekend.

I wish the same for me, but alas - have to be with family...:)

UmberDove said...

Yes, orange pants, watercolours, blankets, all sound so good, but NONE of those will happen in the 115 degree heat of Vegas (baby).

Have a wonderful time!

Vile-ette said...

Thanks for an absolutely fabulous and amazing last day in Seattle. I find it amazing that the land was crying where I could conjure nothing. . . interesting huh?